You guys know how I love to talk about the importance of having a healthy scalp, so today I decided to share one of my favorite juices that helps me to maintain a healthy scalp. I have included a bit of information and pictures with the recipe. Enjoy!
Vitamins that I focus on to maintain scalp health:
- Vitamin A: Allows the body to produce scalp sebum(oil found on scalp and hair) which is important especially for our curly tresses
- Vitamin B: Can help fight seborrheic dermatitis and dandruff
- Vitamin C: Strengthens scalp as it acts as an antioxidant and protects cells(hair follicles and vessels within scalp) from free radicals
- Vitamin E: Improves circulation to the body including the scalp. It also prevents the breakdown of omega-3 fatty acids
Veggie Juice Recipe:
- 1 small beetroot
- 10 leaves of spinach
- 1 carrot
- a few cubes of pumpkin
- a few sprigs of celery
- agave nectar to sweeten (optional)
Beetroot: Promotes blood circulation and nourishes hair follicles
Spinach: Vitamins A, B, C, E and omega-3 fatty acids (also important for scalp health)
Celery: Vitamin A, B and C
Carrot: Good source of vitamin A
Pumpkin: Vitamin A, C and B vitamins especially niacin which promotes blood circulation
Juice, sweeten and dd a few ice cubes, half a lemon for added flavor and you’re good to go 😀
If you don’t have a juicer, you can always blend ingredients (like I do sometimes) and strain for same consistency.
Vitamins A,B, C and E are NOT the only vitamins you will receive from these vegetables but since I am only focusing on scalp health in this post, I chose to mention those alone.